Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Christmas in July

When I was in Kampala in May I bought a whole bunch of stuff to bring back to Bukavu. Stuff you can't buy here or you can if you are willing to give up an arm and a leg. Things like cereal and cat food and yarn and jam and ketchup and pasta. The list goes on. Plus, my mom sent me a ton of stuff with my dad: books and yarn and cotton face pads, etc. I can only carry 30kg on the Rwandair flight from Entebbe to Kigali to Bukavu, so I left a box, a large duffel bag and a smaller bag at the FH Uganda office as FH DRC had a 4 ton truck to be picked up in Nairobi and driven to Bukavu. Joel, my housemate and our head of logistics, said the truck would be coming through in about 2 weeks (that would have been 2nd week of June). A month and a half later....the truck arrived with all my goodies. The celebrations started on Monday when Joel brought me the smaller bag...there were good things in there. But the real show was last night when I opened the box and large duffel bag. I could tell you how much fun it was, but I would rather show you.

Opening the bag and box


Look at all the great stuff


Excited to be able to make Rice Krispie Squares


I think Q likes his new basket


Three housemates celebrating their haul

No comments: